Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter Wonderland

I don't have a lot of time for catch up, but I will post some pictures from the holidays and the last few weeks. It's been a fun winter so far and we've made a great deal of effort to enjoy the weather in stead of just suffering through. The attitude has made a lot of difference and while I'm not eager to venture outside today (it's 5 degrees Fahrenheit with a strong wind) more suitable days will come.
Some Yuletide/Christmas fun

Me and my mom, dad, and friend Dorothy at the Como Conservatory for Christmas Day

Leo so happy with his new BFF Buzz Lightyear

Some Asian-inspired potholders I sewed that I was really proud of and badly needed.

Me and my awesome friend Lane out skiing. I got the skis from a relative who couldn't use them anymore and went out Cross Country skiing with Lane for the first time since I was 10 or so. It was a really beautiful winter day. We saw woodpeckers, deer and even a roosting turkey vulture. We went about 7k around Pike Island in the Mississippi River in Saint Paul. It was one of the highlights for me of the last month and one I hope to repeat soon.



This is Eric, Lane's husband Luis, and skydiving friend Nich and his girlfriend, Kim ice climbing less than 1/2 mile from our house. They have been doing this a couple times, now, and have really enjoyed it. I haven't been able to go because of a wrist injury that has been slow to heal, but I hope to next year. You can see Kim way at the top with Eric as the belayer.


And these last pictures were taken at Gillette Children's Hospital after our little trooper got out of surgery. His two awesome surgeons repaired his 2 hernias and a small soft cyst that had developed on his foot. The staff was amazing at putting us all at ease and they were so great to us-I consider it one of the most valuable resources we have in our city to have a place like this so close to us meant just for kids.