Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Post Winter Solstice

I already feel different. I know we have a long winter ahead of us and we'll do our best to be active outside and actually enjoy the winter instead of just hunkering down for 3 more months, but the truth is, as soon as the Winter Solstice passes I start to feel a tiny bit more hopeful and the longer I live where I do, the more I think it's 3 parts perspective and 1 part biological. So, here's a big WELCOME BACK! to the sun. I didn't stay up all night at the bonfire/yule log last night like my pagan eaurpean ancestors would have, but we did have one at our house and a neighbor friend had one at her house I stopped by at and it was fun to reconnect with that anciant tradition.

Life is going well for us and we are looking forward to a mostly quiet, kind of spread out holiday. I ammaking most of our gifts and have been busy with that over the last few weeks-maybe next year I'll start in June rather than November. Oops!
I organized a skydiver Christmas party and am so exited to see some friends from the dropzone and get out a little. We have been in financial lockdown mode and haven't been going out for a couple months so this will be really fun. I'll take lots of pictures of our holidays and post more soon.
Enjoy the sun.