Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Erich Wagar - bye, buddy.

6 Years ago my group of friends lost one of our best and brightest. A picture & a poem I wrote.

I wonder if you can see us as we are now-
How far we have come
to a whole different life.
How our cast has changed
and our orbits and distances changed, too.

Could you have imagined how
your death would change us;
driving some away and shoving some together,
our edges grinding and cutting.
We righted ourselves in the wake of you
and realigned -
bobbing and gasping in the windy vacuum.

Nothing prepared me for that final loss
so low I was already.
And I remember thinking in the aftermath
that some unaffected person might
see us struggling and throw us a rope,
pulling us out of the stinking mess.
No one threw us a rope.

Instead -
we bumped and thrashed into each other for a time
and finally hauled our separate selves out
in all directions
like broken rays of the sun.



miss you.