Thursday, July 22, 2010

Greetings to all 10 people who read this! I hope you are well and thanks for checking up on us. The above picture is one from our Whitewater State Park camping trip Leo and I took with my friend Lane and her son, Matias. I'll post some more, though I will apologize in advance for how bad a picture my video camera takes. Currently on my 'want' list is one of Olympus' new Tough Series cameras-finally a decent camera built for our lifestyle.


The boys had a great time despite all the bickering and bossing each other and I hope our dreams of them remembering the fun camping stuff and not the time-outs and sharing trouble are realized. Who knows, right?

Whitewater park is a place of incredible beauty, likely one of my all time favorite camping spots. I also love the drive down Hwy 61 past Lake Pepin, it's myriad of sailboats, Lake City, and all the beautiful summer scenery. This picture is on the dirtroad that leads to the park-the marsh with the tall bluffs in the background was lovely. The area teems with wildlife of all kinds, including according to the park rangers, a few returning wolves and the occasional Golden Eagle. Why I didn't take pictures of our camps 'animal attack' i have no idea. What I can tell you is that we forgot our cooler out Friday night and in the morning it was covered with muddy pawprints! Some raccoon found our walkin campsite away from all the barking dogs irresistible. His favorites? An entire container of blueberries, a large bag of grapes and what to wash all that fruit down? A single serving container of chocolate milk, of course!




I'm starting some new craft projects so I have something to keep my hands busy. I especially like to take small projects to the doctors office or places like that so I can be doing something while I wait. I have some other projects close to completion and I will try to post some pictures when I can.

Next adventure for us? Next week we are leaving for the OshKosh Airshow and I am so excited I can hardly sit still!! We will be there two days and one night, so not too long, but that's all the time Eric could take off work and I really wanted to go as a family, especially since he's never been there and this will also be Leo's first time. We are driving, sadly, I was hoping we could fly with friends or family, but it's not to be, so we'll arrive like the rest of the plebes.

The farm is going really well and I also hope to post some pictures from there. There's always lots to do, but all in all the decisions I've made this year have made a lot of difference and it is going pretty well. My hired help, Moira, and I will be working down there tomorrow and will put some extra time into appearances since Sunday is Lloyd Martenson's 90th B-day party, the farm owner and Eric's grandfather.
Blue Skies!