Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sunshine and showers-that's life.


This is Leo and his BFF, Matias Vega.
I have had a lot of plates spinning for awhile now and this week I'm making a concerted effort to put some of them to rest for awhile and trust that the Creator has a plan I'm not privy to. My mom's care has highs and lows and it's SOOOO easy to focus on the lows, especially behavioral ones. Yesterday I went to see her and what was supposed to be just a meeting with her nurses and the social worker turned into a whole afternoon of taking her to the plastic surgeon because she had been picking at the skingraft on her arm and it was close to infected. The behavioral low was that she had conned the nurses into taking her for wheel chair rides when she got anxious instead of walking herself!! I end up so angry with the nurses-HOW THE HELL IS SHE SUPPOSED TO GO BACK TO HER OWN APARTMENT IF THEY KEEP HELPING HER TO STAY HELPLESS????? I feel like we are fighting the 'system' all the time which is a lot more frustrating to me than fighting my mom because of course when I told her she needed to be walking and not riding, she spent the walk down the hall with the aide telling her what a meanie I am and how I'm too hard on her. I try t keep a good sense of humor about mom not being happy with me but it gets old when I'm also sick, like right now, and just in need of a break from this situation. So, that's what I'm going to try to do for the rest of the week-unless something serious happens, I'm taking care of my own things and not visiting until I take her to a dr. appt. on friday.




Other things are going really well and I am making a lot of progress on farm stuff. my whole patio is full of seedlings all the time, flats and flats of them. As soon as I get irrigation on the farm sorted out later this week I can start planting some things under covers to protect them from deer and rabbits until they get a little bigger. I love to go out on the patio and care for them, carefully watering and watching their growth. I think this year is going to be so awesome and things have come together so well, both for CSA shares and Farmers Market.




Eric is working more at the dropzone and it is changing our schedule, mostly on the weekends so far. He is happy to be back to work closer to full time and is looking forward to a busy season. He is doing some side work for a friend who is a tattoo artist, so a trade has been agreed on for me to get some new ink, and I'm really excited to get started.




Leo is fabulous as always. He has been so happy to play outside and enjoy the yard and farm. He's recognizing more numbers and a few letters, now, and we are trying to spend a few minutes each day looking at letters and talking about their shapes. I'm excited to do some camping with him this summer and I will be making some reservations at state parks today.


Bye for now...